Med Lab Tech Class II
Location: Carney Hospital
Posted Date: 1/8/2020
Internal posting 10.18-25
- 1-3 years of Blood Bank required. Must have completed an accredited MT/MLT program. Must have a Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Clinic Laboratory Science or related science field. ASCP board certification or board eligible preferred.
- Routine testing: 100% compliance with the outlined responsibilities is always effected. In order to meet standard, however, two errors per quarter are allowed.
- Plans and organizes all assigned work according to defined policies/procedures for a specific laboratory or as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Evaluates test results using laboratory specific procedures defined in the dept. policy/procedure manual.
- Performs stat testing according to laboratory policy or as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Telephone all panic results immediately to appropriate nursing or medical staff member as directed by laboratory policy/procedure manual and as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Complete all work sheets related to assigned work according to instructions in the laboratory policy/procedure manual or as directed by immediate supervisor before the end of shift.
- Perform required preventative maintenance according to procedure and schedules defined in department manuals. Maintain current knowledge of preventative maintenance and trouble shooting techniques by reading up dated information in maintenance manuals.
- Document all preventative maintenance before the end of shift in the appropriate log 95% of the time.
- Quality control - runs quality control as defined in the department manuals, evaluates results as performed. Ridged adherence to quality control procedures and policies must be observed at all times:
- Initiate appropriate action as indicated by shifts in Q.C. data.
- Correctly run proper controls for each assay concurrent with all patient assays.
- Plot values on quality control charts and enters data into laboratory computer immediately upon completion of quality control procedure.
- Evaluate, according to specific instructions for individual laboratory section, quality control results prior to reporting any patient results.
- Document all corrective actions taken as a result of control values exceeding tolerance limits 100% of the time.
- Laboratory safety - engage in appropriate laboratory safety practices as specified in laboratory policy/procedure manuals, at laboratory orientation and safety programs:
- Complies with all safety policies, and procedures 100% of the time.
- Maintains universal precautions with no incidence of failure to comply with lab policies and procedures.
- Practices segregation of biohazard trash with no incidence of failure to comply with lab policies and procedures.
- All Class 1 Technologists shall assist with the education of laboratory science students and orientation of new laboratory employees as defined in lab policy/procedure manuals.
- All personnel will assist in the evaluation of new methodologies per supervisor's instructions.
- All personnel will participate in in-service education programs - including presentation of material or reading technical articles - as defined in existing policies and/or as requested by immediate supervisor.