Med Lab Tech Class II
Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Med Lab Tech II – Salary range: $24.19/hr - $35.94/hr. Salary placement is determined based on relevant years of experience in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Carney Hospital and 1199SEIU.
Shift Differentials: Evenings: $2.50 Nights: $5.00 Weekends: $2.45
Medical Lab Technician II's perform a variety of routine and specialized diagnostic medical lab tests as requested by healthcare staff according to established protocols and procedures.
- Hours: Various
- Holidays Required: Yes
- Weekends Required: Yes
- Shift: Night Shifts
- Work Schedule: 11:30pm-7:30am; 3pm-11pm
Union Benefits to help you live well!
- Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Plans and organizes all assigned work according to defined policies/procedures for a specific laboratory or as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Evaluates test results using laboratory specific procedures defined in the dept. policy/procedure manual.
- Performs stat testing according to laboratory policy or as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Telephone all panic results immediately to appropriate nursing or medical staff member as directed by laboratory policy/procedure manual and as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Complete all work sheets related to assigned work according to instructions in the laboratory policy/procedure manual or as directed by immediate supervisor before the end of shift.
- Perform required preventive maintenance according to procedure and schedules defined in department manuals.
- Initiate appropriate action as indicated by shifts in QC data.
- Correctly run proper controls for each assay concurrent with all patient assays.
- Plot values on quality control charts and enters data into laboratory computer immediately upon completion of quality control procedure.
- Evaluate, according to specific instructions for individual laboratory, quality control results prior to reporting any patient results.
- Document all corrective actions taken as a result of control values exceeding tolerance limits 100% of the time.
- Complies with all safety policies, and procedures 100% of the time.
- Maintains universal precautions with no incidence of failure to comply with lab policies and procedures.
- Practices segregation of biohazard trash with no incidences of failure.
- Safely handles needles and biological specimens with no incidence of failure to comply with policies and procedures.
Education and Requirements:
- Candidate must have completed an MLT or MT degree program.
- ASCP board certification preferred.
- Candidate must be generalist with some transfusion medicine knowledge.
- Experience in basic transfusion medicine is also required. This is a generalist position and knowledge of all aspects of clinical laboratory is expected.
Important COVID message
Please note, our Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 120687