Medical Lab Technician (Multiple openings)
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- 100% employer paid defined benefit retirement plan
- Lowest cost health insurance, high quality BCBS
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Process and perform routine and specialized laboratory testing on blood, urine, tissue and other body fluid secretions. Evaluate test results using laboratory specific procedures. Monitor and maintain instrumentation, ensure appropriate quality control and to continuously pursue quality improvement in all aspects of laboratory function. Interface with staff and health care providers as required to meet customer expectations for laboratory service. Report and reject specimen results as related to acceptable completion of preventive maintenance and quality control protocols. Follow established procedures to perform routine, STAT or special tests recording all results accurately and meeting standards for complete and timely reporting; Operate, maintain and troubleshoot equipment successfully; Maintain all records in a complete, accurate and legible manner. Evaluate test results using laboratory specific procedures. Correctly run proper controls for each assay concurrent with all patient assays Run and evaluate quality control results prior to reporting any patient results. Engage in appropriate laboratory safety practices. Practice segregation of biohazard trash. Safely handle needles and biological specimens.
- Associate degree (or foreign equivalent) in Medical Lab Technician or Medical Lab Technology. ASCP board certified/eligible.
SALARY: $24.67 per hour (40 hours/week – Shifts vary)
LOCATION: 736 Cambridge St, Brighton, MA 02135
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.