Medical Assistant (Certified) - Per Diem
Responsible to Steward Health Care for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to WorkMED for preparing patients for office visits and performing clinical duties including physician assistance and laboratory and clinical tests. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Greets patients, answers telephone; conducts minor assessment of patient condition on arrival then generates patient chart and completes billing entry.
- Administers first aid for lacerations and wound care and assists physician with procedures; prepares discharge instructions to review with patient.
- Performs all CLIA waived laboratory testing, associated paperwork and transportation of specimens as well as urine drug screen and breath alcohol testing as needed.
- Assists with emergency situations and notification of Emergency medical Service providers.
- Maintains adequate supplies and linen in exam rooms.
- Files charts, diagnostic results and other reports while reviewing charts, performing patient callbacks as delegated and participating in performance improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Apply orthopedic splints as ordered by the physician
- Must be able to screen for vision, isihari, snellen, titmus, spirometry, audio and respirator fit testing.
- Must be willing as needed to work onsite inside client companies.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in medical assisting. Completion of a college
or technical training program in medical assisting. Associate degree in Allied Health preferred. After orientation, up to 2 month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations. Previous experience as a medical assistant required. Previous experience with office equipment and secretarial duties required. Requires up to one year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Certification as Medical Assistant by college or technical school required.