Medical Assistant I
The role of the Medical Assistant (MA) is to provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of an MA. The MA ensures that patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees that their needs and expectations are met. MA's are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast-paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter. GI Clinic at Jordan Valley Medical Center.
- Coordinates with clinic staff to ensure a positive patient flow and waiting room experience
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care in an EMR system
- and stock with up to date required supplies for patient care
- Maintain cleanliness of clinic areas, exam rooms and medical implements before and after patient use.
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.