Medical Assistant I
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Medical Assistant will provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers, to ensure world-class care for our patients. You will be working at Desert Grove Family Medical.
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, ensuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Set-up room and/or equipment and assists with or performs as directed any special procedure, etc., including EKG procedures/tests.
- Coordinate patient’s office visit discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Ensures that blood or tissue samples are sent to appropriate referral laboratory.
- Assist with contacting pharmacies for new or refill prescriptions per physician approval.
- Obtains authorizations to perform tests, procedures or referrals to outside providers.
- Cleans, sterilizes and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Prepares all charts for next day’s appointments by reviewing physician notes to determine what must be available for the visit. To include retrieving x-rays, lab results, etc.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate supplies/medications to be stocked in exam rooms. Appropriately discards any out of date medications.
- Keeps patient areas and exam rooms clean and prepared on a daily basis. Uses bleach solution or antimicrobial solution for cleaning as appropriate.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance with option $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Dental, Vision, Flex spending
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term disability
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off, no weekends
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Payment
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience preferred
- CPR/FA Certification
- COVID vaccination or valid exemption
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 109458