Medical Assistant I
Steward Medical Group has a great opportunity for Medical Assistant I to join our growing team. This outpatient opportunity supports our Orthopedics and Sports Medicine practice.
- Steward Orthopedics and Sports Medicine – Mesa
- 10238 East Hampton Avenue, Suite 301A, Mesa, AZ 85209-3322
- Steward Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center – Highland
- 2122 East Highland Avenue, Ste 300, Phoenix, AZ 85016-4744
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR/FA certification
- One year experience
- Schedule 8AM to 5:00 PM (M-F)
Benefits of Working for Steward Medical Group:
- Medical Assistant Loan Repayment Program up to $12,000
- Pursue your passion with our Career Ladder Growth Plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off
- 401(K) retirement saving plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and long-term disability
- Competitive and affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
About The Role:
The Medical Assistant summary of duties included but are not limited to: coordinating processing and care provided to patients examined by the Provider in the office, assisting in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient’s condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider, participating in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or needed, and assists or as directed, schedules and coordinates hospital admissions or procedures, specialty and procedural referrals, and in-office procedure activities.
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, ensuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history, and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Set-up room and/or equipment and assists with or performs as directed any special procedure, etc., including EKG procedures/tests.
- Coordinate patient’s office visit discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Ensures that blood or tissue samples are sent to appropriate referral laboratory.
- Assist with contacting pharmacies for new or refill prescriptions per physician approval.
- Obtains authorizations to perform tests, procedures, or referrals to outside providers.
- Cleans, sterilizes, and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Prepares all charts for next day’s appointments by reviewing physician notes to determine what must be available for the visit. To include retrieving x-rays, lab results, etc.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate supplies/medications to be stocked in exam rooms. Appropriately discards any out-of-date medications.
- Keeps patient areas and exam rooms clean and prepared daily. Uses bleach solution or antimicrobial solution for cleaning as appropriate.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Always maintains HIPAA confidentiality.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 101730