Medical Assistant I
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
The Medical Assistant will work as a member of the clinical team. In this role, they will provide critical support to providers and patients. To be successful in this position, you must enjoy collaborating and being part of a team, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent customer service, deliver outstanding care to the patients, have a positive attitude and willingness to help where needed.
Benefits of working for Steward Medical Group:
- Student loan repayment / Tuition reimbursement
- Experience working one on one with Physicians and Advanced Practitioners
- Career pathing and development programs
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive and affordable benefits
- Meet with patient to obtain reason for visit, record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc into EMR. Take vital signs which include blood pressure, weight, height, etc.
- Order tests and obtain prior authorizations
- Request and obtain referrals for patient visits and surgery
- Coordinate action place with appropriate provider and assist with treatments as needed
- Follow up with patients on test results, doctor’s orders, etc.
- Orders and maintains clinical supplies, including refrigeration, vaccinations, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred or experience in the field
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft, etc.)
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 118000