Medical Assistant Occupational Medicine, Per Diem
The position is a member of the health care team who functions in a dual role, providing administrative as well as clinical support to ensure quality care to patients and the smooth day-to-day operation of the physician practice.
- Prepares the patient, equipment and instruments
- Chaperones female patients as needed
- Reports significant observations and patient problems to appropriate caregivers
- Cleans instruments and equipment, as needed
- Provides and maintains supplies, equipment and linen for clinical areas
- Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
- Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares the patient charts, ensuring that the proper chart has been selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
- Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed.
- Facilitates admissions to hospital
- Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
- Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; processes referrals as necessary for the practice
- Organizes and updates files, charts, and records
- Checking in patients, collecting copays & preparing batch daily
- Responsible for stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies
- Works on Quality initiatives as needed per Practice Manager
- Handles Patient Reminder calls as indicated by Practice Manager
- Possibility of covering in another practice
Performs other duties as requested
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Computer proficiency with various software applications to include Meditech and other online insurance web sites.
- Ability to type 40 wpm
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Knowledge of third party payors and insurance billing practices.
- Ability to work accurately with detailed, confidential information.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 115807