Medical Assistant Scribe
The Scribe/Medical Assistant maximizes physician availability for direct patient care by absorbing clerical duties for documentation requirements and other non-clinical physician responsibilities. You will work at Rocky Mountain Women's Center located on the Davis Hospital campus.
- Responsible for data entry into the Electronic Medical Record.
- Ensures transcription of handwritten or electronic physician notes, including: verbal communication, patient/doctor interaction, exam findings, medical decision, medication orders, laboratory results, radiological reports, clinical re-evaluations, consultations, dispositions
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, ensuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Organizes objective healthcare data, such as laboratory data results and prepared radiologist interpretations of x-rays, CT scans, ultrasounds, and other methods of objective analysis.
- Coordinate patient's office visit, discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Monitors the status of orders placed by the physician for each patient, including laboratory studies, radiology studies, procedures, medications physician requests
- Assumes responsibility for other non-clinical assignments such as obtaining old medical records and locating previous studies.
- Cleans, sterilizes and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Medical Assistant Loan repayment program
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- No weekends
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- COVID-19 vaccination or valid exemption
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.