Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with an organization that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Assistant/ Medical Secretary to assist our providers in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with patient care and ensuring the patient is properly prepared, verifies relevant information with patient and assures proper positioning. Assist the provider during any in-office procedures. Utilize aseptic techniques as necessary.
- Checking patient reports and schedule appointments accurately and efficiently within established scheduling protocols. Effectively troubleshoot minor problems. Notify appropriate personnel of equipment malfunctions and repairs as needed.
- Performing injections as certified and permissible by law and in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Cleaning exam room(s) and maintaining equipment between patients and at the end of the day in accordance with established protocols; documents accordingly. Maintains a clean work area, prepares the equipment, patient room(s), and stock supplies.
- Executing paperwork and electronic recordkeeping as necessary for each patient including patient charts, and follow-up phone calls.
- Managing physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows, sending out reminder cards, and/ or providing telephone reminders for office visit in accordance with established protocol.
- Maintaining effective working relationships and communication with internal and external resources.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a degree or certificate program in Medical Assisting is required
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience preferred.
- Must be flexible, customer/patient focused, possess a positive attitude, have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress; bi-lingual communication skills helpful.
- Must possess strong learning aptitude and analytical abilities necessary to acquire and effectively utilize knowledge of basic medical processes, techniques, and procedures.
- Possess an ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain CPR certification and is capable of initiating emergency life support actions as necessary.
- Ability to take vital signs accurately.
- Knowledge of phone systems, computer systems and ability to type. Understanding of medical terminology, understanding of different insurance plans and referral procedures preferred.