Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The Medical Assistant coordinates processing and care provided to patients examined by the Provider in the office, assists in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient’s condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider, and participates in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or as needed.
- Coordinates processing and care provided to patients examined by the provider in the office. Assists in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient's condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider.
- Participates in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or as needed.
- Assists or as directed, schedules and coordinates hospital admisions or procedures, specialty and procedural referrals, and in-office procedure activities.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program (Not required for Back Office)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- High School diploma or GED
- One year experience as a Medical Assistant
- EKG experience preferred
*This position is located in Mesa, AZ.