Steward Medical Group will help you repay Medical Assistant student loans. After 90 days of employment MA’s working with SMG are eligible for up to $250 per month ($3000 per year) to make your loan payment. With proof of payments made, MA’s remain eligible for the program until their loans are paid off.
Salt Lake Internal Medicine located on the Salt Lake Regional Medical Center Campus, is looking to add Medial Assistants to the team. Medical Assistant's provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers, to ensure world-class care for our patients.
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, ensuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Coordinate patient’s office visit, discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Ensures that blood or tissue samples are sent to appropriate referral laboratory.
- Cleans, sterilizes and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Keeps patient areas and exam rooms clean and prepared on a daily basis. Uses bleach solution or antimicrobial solution for cleaning as appropriate.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- COVID-19 Vaccination or valid exemption
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Medical Assistant Loan repayment program
- Health, Vision, Dental
- ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹Option for $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- company match
- Paid time off
- No weekends
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.