About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
The Medical Assistant will work as a member of the clinical team. In this role, they will provide critical support to providers and patients. To be successful in this position, you must enjoy collaborating and being part of a team, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent customer service, deliver outstanding care to the patients, have a positive attitude and willingness to help where needed.
Benefits of working for Steward Medical Group:
- Student loan repayment
- Experience working one on one with Physicians and Advanced Practitioners
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career growth opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive and affordable benefits
- Meet with patient to obtain reason for visit, record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc. into EMR
- Room patients and take vital signs which include blood pressure, weight, height, etc.
- Order tests and obtain prior authorizations
- Request and obtain referrals for patient visits and surgery
- Advise provider that the patient is ready to be seen
- Coordinate action place with appropriate provider and assist with treatments as needed
- Follow up with patients on test results, doctor’s orders, etc.
- Participate in daily huddle with providers and office staff
- Orders and maintains clinical supplies, including refrigeration, vaccinations, etc.
- May be asked to do phlebotomy draws and administer vaccinations as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) strongly preferred (athena a plus)
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft, etc.)
- Ability to take initiative and provide high level patient care
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 114732