Medical Assistant will provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers, to ensure world-class care for our patients. You will be working at Steward's General Surgery in Mesa.
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, ensuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Set-up room and/or equipment and assists with or performs as directed any special procedure, etc., including EKG procedures/tests.
- Coordinate patient’s office visit discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Ensures that blood or tissue samples are sent to appropriate referral laboratory.
- Assist with contacting pharmacies for new or refill prescriptions per physician approval.
- Obtains authorizations to perform tests, procedures or referrals to outside providers.
- Cleans, sterilizes and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Prepares all charts for next day’s appointments by reviewing physician notes to determine what must be available for the visit. To include retrieving x-rays, lab results, etc.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate supplies/medications to be stocked in exam rooms. Appropriately discards any out of date medications.
- Keeps patient areas and exam rooms clean and prepared on a daily basis. Uses bleach solution or antimicrobial solution for cleaning as appropriate.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance with option $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Dental, Vision, Flex spending
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term disability
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off, no weekends
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Payment
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience preferred
- CPR/FA Certification
- COVID vaccination or valid exemption
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.