Medical Imaging Clerk - PRN - Davis Hospital
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction. Some of our areas of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Medical Imaging Clerk
The Medical Imaging Clerk performs various clerical and minor administrative duties which include, but are not limited to: Ensure patients are considered priority at all times. Oversee outpatient waiting and assist in maintaining productive patient flow. Admit patients for outpatient services. Receive, retrieve, and release/mail film and image request in accordance with department policy. Initiate, receive, and relay phone or electronic messages. Communicate with hospital personnel, medical staff, patients, families, visitors and outside agencies to ensure quality patient care. All other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of medical terminology.
- Three to Five (3-5) year’s business/medical office experience preferred.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.