Medical Lab Tech PDM
Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Tempe St. Luke’s Medical Center
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. From its busy emergency department to its critical care unit to specialty programs like wound care and pain management, the Tempe St. Luke’s team is committed to providing high-quality care in a warm, friendly hospital environment. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience.
Position: Medical Lab Technician
- Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Accurately and promptly performs a variety of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Ability to work in all areas of the laboratory (including limited microbiology) at a proficient level.
- Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment and perform manual testing in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility’s computer system and other computer programs as necessary.
- Advanced computer skills;
- Ability to adapt to change and manage time.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties. Ability to speak and write English language fluently.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand.
- Associate degree in laboratory science or medical technology program, or related field
- Certified medical technologist (ASCP, AMT,NCA, HEW, ACLS ) New grads or certification eligible individuals may be considered, but must obtain certification within 8 months of hire;
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Physical, biological or Clinical laboratory Medical Technology science.
- 1+ years of experience