Medical Lab Tech
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
STARTING AT $23.00 PER HOUR!!!
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Medical Laboratory Technician required. One year of experience is preferred. After orientation, up to six months' experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Certification as a medical laboratory technician by ASCP or NCA required. Must obtain certification within one year of hire date.
- Performs a variety of waived, moderately complex, and highly complex laboratory tests in one or more Sections of laboratory medicine as assigned using approved methodologies adhering to all prescribed policies and procedures related to testing.
- Review results for accuracy; prepares test reports and enters results into Laboratory Information Computer System. Notifies supervisor or appropriate health care professional of atypical test results exceeding test parameters in a timely manner. Seeks guidance from Medical Technologists when necessary.
- Maintains equipment in good working order. Performs and documents scheduled and necessary maintenance and calibration. Performs minor troubleshooting of instruments and takes corrective actions. Refers problems requiring advanced technical knowledge to a higher level.
- Reviews and records quality control values on tests performed to ensure reliability and accuracy in reporting patient results. Completes corrective action when necessary, before reporting patient results. Assures proper documentation is completed. Refers unresolved issues to a higher level.
- Performs duties of MLT as needed; performs a variety of related clerical and support tasks such as requisitioning supplies, stocking supplies, answering telephones, etc. Ensures patient and client satisfaction with laboratory operations.
- Monitor’s specimen workflow at assigned workstation and laboratory in general to assure timely completion of testing.
- Performs all functions required for the laboratory to meet Standards specified by accrediting agencies with respect to written, technical and administrative procedures and policies covering test methodologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 128725