Medical Lab Technician - MT - Local Travel
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Work within our network of 35 community hospitals as a full-time employee of Steward Health Care!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
MED TECH POSITION SUMMARY
- Demonstrates understanding of bodily processes as they relate to laboratory testing.
- Able to correlate and evaluate testing with laboratory data available on an individual patient basis for the purposes of troubleshooting and possible follow up with clinicians.
- Able to successfully troubleshoot methodology failures.
- Performs all required Quality Control procedures; documents results accurately; follows through appropriately on all outliers.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots equipment successfully; documents all required activities.
- Notifies Supervisors of any unusual or unexpected results.
- Reports all critical values to the appropriate person and completes all required documentation.
- Maintains all records in a complete, accurate and legible manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate degree in Medical Technology, with 1 year experience preferred.
- Follows oral and written instructions to be able to carry out complex laboratory procedures.
- Understands the risk and biohazard nature of the lab environment.
- Possesses manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate laboratory equipment.
- Possesses communication skills sufficient to clearly, completely and accurately verbally relay laboratory data.
- Generalist multi-categorical certification, ASCP, NCA or HEW preferred
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 37 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)