At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
|Performs routine clinical laboratory analyses. Recognizes problems, identifies basic causes, and makes corrections by using present strategies. Correlates data based on knowledge of technical and insturmental conditions affective test results. Performs Quality Control (QC) procedures within predetermined parameters.|
|Key Reponsibilities: |
- Proficiently functions as a technologist in the following areas as deemed competent: Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation and Blood Bank or Microbiology.
- Ensures QC is within appropriate limits of each test prior to reporting patient results.
- Confirms abnormal results prior to releasing and bring any "rare and improbable" test results to the attention of a Section Head or Lead.
- Processes specimens and logs requisitions as needed.
- Reviews daily specimen reports as appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies.
- Troubleshoots problems (client, instrument, computer) as needed.
- Performs maintenance on instrumentation as needed.
- Records QC and maintains QC records on all assays performed.
- Enters results into the LIS.
- Ensures accuracy and timely reporting of patient results.
- Follows all safety protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and organizational skills
- Exercises accuracy and precision in completion of prescribed tasks and treatments.
|Assosciates Degree in Medical Technology OR Associate degree in chemical, physical or biological science; OR Education and training equivalent to an associate degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology|
|1 year experience in Clinical Laboratory preferred|
|ASCP, NCA, HEW or equivalent|
|Must be familiar with all phases of the operation of the automated instrumentation utilized for routine analysis|