Medical Office LPN
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Working directly with the physician and patients presenting in the office for appointments as well as calling on the phone for assistance.
This position is 36 hours a week, 4 days a week.
Working directly with the physician, as the liaison between the patient and the physician for establishing and maintaining quality patient care.
- The LPN is responsible for triaging all clinical phone calls to the POD and facilitating follow-up with the doctor.
- Enters prescription requests into the electronic medical record for provider approval
- Making follow-up phone calls to patients/ family members to provide test results (labs/ radiology, etc.)
- May also be responsible for coordination of care – scheduling follow-up tests and appointments with specialists
- Prior authorizations
- Assisting physician with the completion of forms
- Rooming patients The LPN administers injections and performs EKGs
- Monitors and records treatment parameters such as vital signs, weight, height, O2 saturation, etc.
- Clearly documents on a consistent basis to provide continuity of patient care
- Trained and currently certified in basic CPR
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate of accredited License Practical Nursing Program required.
- Current MA LPN license required.
- Previous experience in physician’s office required.
- Previous experience on Athena and eCW a plus.