Medical Office Specialist I
The role of the Medical Office Specialist is to provide exceptional service to patients and customers while providing outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers. You will be working at Stewards Comprehensive Ortho and Sports Medicine, located on the Salt Lake Regional Medical Center campus.
- Greets all patients and visitors to ensure a friendly, welcoming, and professional clinic atmosphere
- Checks in patients in a timely manner, explains financial requirements and collects payments for office visits and clinic procedures
- Verifies patient insurance information and obtains insurance authorizations
- Respond to patient inquiries
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages, schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and preparing department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- May assist with front and back-office duties as assigned simultaneously
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Option for $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Company match after 1 year of service
- Company paid life
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, paid holidays
- No weekends
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.