Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Medical Secretary summary of duties included supporting all medical staff with various duties to support the clinics.
- Prepare charts on new patients, updates charts for existing/returning patients.
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical records.
- Assists with other clerical functions as needed or requested.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, provider, and vendors.
- Obtains authorizations for tests and specialists.
- Oversees schedule to make sure appointments are appropriate with provider schedules.
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Take messages accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are attended to promptly.
- Establishes and maintains system for efficient flow of paperwork. Makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Transfer calls to appropriate departments.
- Obtains confidentiality
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience (medical office preferred)
- CPR/FA Certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be able to travel to cover other clinics as needed.