Medical Staff Coord
Coordinator, Hospitalist, IntensvistEmergency Medicine Programs
This position is responsible for assisting the Directors of Hospitalist and Emergency Medicine at Steward Medical Group with the daily operations of all associated practices.
- Assists the Director with the daily operations of SMG Hospitalist and Emergency Medicine programs
- Manages, tracks and corrects Athena claims for assigned programs.
- Assists Directors with the complex scheduling of Providers for all shifts at multiple hospitals and enters schedule into Page Me system or other relevant scheduling system. This task involves contacting Providers to obtain availability to work shifts, developing creative staffing solutions to cover gaps in coverage and manage moving pieces to ensure consistent and accurate coverage.
- Responsible for creating a system and subsequently tracking all provider licensure for MA license, Mass Controlled Substance and DEA. Sends Provider reminder emails at license renewal times.
- Reconciles billing and ensure billing timeliness.
- Serves as first point of contact for operations coordinators and escalates as necessary to the Director
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for assigned hospitals, including reviewing time entered into Kronos, tracking vacation request forms and entering vacation time, tracking different pay rates across different hospitals, updating payroll codes and forwarded completed payroll to Director for final approval.
- Sumbits and tracks CME/licensure reimbursements for assigned providers
- Assisting with New Providing On-boarding which includes: overseeing processes with HR, Provider Enrollment and the Medical Staff Offices, coordinating ,departmental and clinical orientations and ensuring new Providers have all the tools they need to be successful member of the Hospitalist team
- Orders supplies for the department.
- Participates in meetings as requested by the Director and takes minutes as requested
- Assists the Director with reporting and data analysis including but not limited to length of stay, billing timeliness and other quality metrics as requested by hospital administration.
- Responsible for problem-solving and trouble shooting of daily operational occurrences within assigned programs.
- Resource for answering operational questions about the programs.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Steward Confidentiality Policies.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in business concentration or equivalent work experience.
- Two to four years of health-care operations experience, preferably in Hospitalist and Emergency Medicine
- Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem solve in creative and effective ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Strong operational skills required.