Medical Techno I
Med Techno I– Trumbull Regional Medical Center
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage*
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees*
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement*
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
*For eligible employees
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Laboratory for performance of all standard procedures performed by the laboratory to which he/she may be assigned or scheduled at any given time. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
Medical Lab Technician Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Medical Laboratory Technician required.
- One year of experience is preferred.
- Certification as a medical laboratory technician by ASCP or NCA required or must obtain certification within one year of hire date.
Medical Technologist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Medical Technology required.
- Certification as a medical technologist by ASCP or NCA preferred or obtained within 1 year of hire date.
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Performs a variety of waived, moderately complex and highly complex laboratory tests in one or more sections of laboratory medicine as assigned using approved methodologies adhering to all prescribed policies and procedures related to testing, reviews results for accuracy; prepares test reports and enters results into Laboratory Information Computer System.
- Notifies supervisor or appropriate health care professional of atypical test results exceeding test parameters in a timely manner. Seeks guidance from Medical Technologists when necessary. Maintains equipment in good working order.
- Performs and documents scheduled and necessary maintenance and calibration. Performs minor troubleshooting of instruments and takes corrective actions.
- Refers problems requiring advanced technical knowledge to a higher level, reviews and records quality control values on tests performed to ensure reliability and accuracy in reporting patient results. Completes corrective action, when necessary, before reporting patient results. Assures proper documentation is completed, refers unresolved issues to a higher level, performs duties of MLT as needed; performs a variety of related clerical and support tasks such as requisitioning supplies, stocking supplies, answering telephones, etc.
- Participates in investigative projects. Ensures patient and client satisfaction with laboratory operations monitors specimen workflow at assigned workstation and laboratory in general to assure timely completion of testing, performs all functions required for the laboratory to meet Standards specified by accrediting agencies with respect to written, technical and administrative procedures and policies covering test methodologies, and performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 129043