Medical Technologist (Core Lab) Sign on $20,000
Sign on Bonus $20,000
Medical Technologist (Core Lab) - Full Time
Medical Technologist– Core Lab – Full-time, Night shift, 40 hrs/wk, 8-hour shifts 11p-7:30a | weekends & holidays required as needed.
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
· Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
· da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
· Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
· Award-winning bariatric surgery program
· Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
· State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times.
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
· Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
· Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
· Employee Referral Program
· Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
· Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
· 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
· Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
· Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
· Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
· And much more!
Job Summary –
Process and perform routine and specialized laboratory testing on blood, urine, tissue and other body fluid secretions.
Proficiently functions as a technologist in one or more of the following areas:
· Clinical Chemistry
· Clinical Hematology
· Clinical Microbiology
· Blood Banking or Serology
Works collaboratively as a team to monitor and maintain instrumentation, ensure appropriate quality control and to continuously pursue quality improvement in all aspects of laboratory function.
Interfaces with staff and health care providers as required to meet customer expectations for laboratory service.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related science, attainment of degree within 6 months of start date,-or
- Associate's degree in Medical Technology, or attainment of degree within 6 months of start date, with 2 years full time experience desired.
- Follows oral and written instructions to be able to carry out complex laboratory procedures.
- Understands the risk and biohazard nature of the lab environment.
- Possesses manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate laboratory equipment.
- Possesses communication skills sufficient to clearly, completely and accurately verbally relay laboratory data.
Generalist multi-categorical certification, ASCP, NCA or HEW preferred or equivalent.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Demonstrates multitasking abilities as a contributing member of a multi-disciplined laboratory section.
- Follows established procedures to perform routine, STAT or special tests recording all results accurately and meeting standards for complete and timely reporting.
- Demonstrates competence in all scheduled test protocols by successful challenge on periodic and annual basis.
- Demonstrates understanding of bodily processes as they relate to laboratory testing.
- Is able to correlate and evaluate testing with laboratory data available on an individual patient basis for the purposes of troubleshooting and possible follow up with clinicians.
- Is able to successfully troubleshoot methodology failures.
- Draws on multi-departmental training and experience to process simultaneous duties in a timely fashion.
- Is able to work independently successfully.
- Performs all required Quality Control procedures; documents results accurately; follows through appropriately on all outliers.
- Operates, maintains and troubleshoots equipment successfully; documents all required activities.
- Notifies Supervisors of any unusual or unexpected results.
- Reports all critical values to the appropriate person and completes all required documentation.
- Maintains all records in a complete, accurate and legible manner.
- Is able to teach and communicate ideas and offer solutions to lab problems.
- Follows all organizational, departmental, and section policies (i.e. Universal Precautions, Fire Safety, QA documentation, Hazardous Waste Collection).
- Notifies Supervisors of all existing and/or potential problems that may compromise laboratory goal.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times (via apparel, telephone conversation, staff/peer interactions, etc.
- Assists with the orientation of new staff members, students, residents, Fellows, etc. as directed.
- Reports laboratory test results by using the Laboratory Information System as directed.
- Shows interest in job related continuing education, particularly with attendance at courses, classes, seminars and participation in lab meetings.
- Demonstrates a commitment to self-knowledge in technical skills and scientific knowledge by attending workshops and in-services when permissible both internal and external to the medical center.
- Supports the department goal of effective cooperation and communication with staff, peers and members of other hospital departments.
- Demonstrates reliability with consistent attendance and punctuality at work and department meetings.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.