Medical Technologist - FT Days
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Job Summary: Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory.
• All duties and responsibilities are considered essential functions unless otherwise noted.
• Ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory: blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
• Responsible for performing high-complexity testing.
• Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
• Performs quality control procedures and instrument checks and troubleshoots problems.
• Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
• Notifies patient care unit and/or physician of critical lab values.
• Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed for statistics and billing.
• Follows standard precautions at all times.
• Performs veni puncture and specimen collection.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry or Microbiology preferred
• MT (ASCP) or equivalent.
• Certification preferred.
Important COVID message
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.