Medical Technologist - Full Time, Night Shift
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Laboratory for performance of all standard procedures performed by the laboratory to which he/she may be assigned or scheduled at any given time. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs a variety of simple, moderately complex and highly complex laboratory tests on body fluids using theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge of instrumentation.
- Determines test results and services for clinical applicability and accuracy. Records and reports test results according to established laboratory procedures.
- Operates, maintains, calibrates and troubleshoots all types of laboratory instrumentation. May assist in training others on laboratory methods.
- Performs, interprets and documents Quality Assurance systems in compliance with accrediting agencies. Participates in required competency testing and specific training in new testing and instrumentation.
- Adheres to Quality Control protocols, uses statistical analysis to determine sources of error and corrects and documents laboratory reports.
- Communicates with physicians in a professional manner providing information on test results and specific procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Medical Technology required. After orientation, up to six month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Certification as a medical technologist by ASCP or NCA required.