Medical Technologist II Lab, Laboratory, Full Time, Evening (3pm-11:30pm) (Sign On Bonus)
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Evenings, (3pm-11:30pm), Rotating weekends
To perform all routine technical procedures. To assist with the duties of phlebotomy as needed. To organize work priorities during working hours. To judge the adequacy of a submitted specimen and to request another specimen if the original is unsatisfactory. To interrupt testing sequence to perform STAT procedures. To recheck questionable results.
To notify the supervisor when the workload demand requires additional personnel. To supervisor work performed in the section when acting as the technologist in charge especially on weekends and holidays. To supervise trainees in bench work activities in the section.
To assist in meeting requirements set forth by inspection agencies. Is trained and able to treat patients of all age groups. Performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a professional manner in order to project a positive image of the laboratory and the hospital. Works with the laboratory staff, nursing staff, medical staff, visitors and patients in a professional manner. Works with manufacturer and sales representatives in a professional manner.
Conducts all contacts in a friendly, courteous, helpful and considerate manner designed to provide good customer service. Answers the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner. Displays concern and provides assistance as appropriate to callers or in face to face situations. Dedicated to meeting the expectations of the internal and external customers. Works with customers to identify areas of concern and to recommend appropriate solutions.
Qualifications & Licenses/Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology preferred.
• Six months of technical experience required. Three or more years of technical experience preferred. Blood Bank experience preferred.
• Good verbal and written communication skills required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)Current Florida license as a technologist in Microbiology, Blood Bank or all areas (or eligible) is required.
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 118853