Medical Technologist II - Part Time - Evenings
To perform all routine technical procedures. To assist with the duties of phlebotomy as needed. To organize work priorities during working hours. To judge the adequacy of a submitted specimen and to request another specimen if the original is unsatisfactory. To interrupt testing sequence to perform STAT procedures. To recheck questionable results. To notify the supervisor when the workload demand requires additional personnel. To supervisor work performed in the section when acting as the technologist in charge especially on weekends and holidays. To supervise trainees in bench work activities in the section. To assist in meeting requirements set forth by inspection agencies. Is trained and able to treat patients of all age groups.
Performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a professional manner in order to project a positive image of the laboratory and the hospital. Works with the laboratory staff, nursing staff, medical staff, visitors and patients in a professional manner. Works with manufacturer and sales representatives in a professional manner. Conducts all contacts in a friendly, courteous, helpful and considerate manner designed to provide good customer service. Answers the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner. Displays concern and provides assistance as appropriate to callers or in face to face situations. Dedicated to meeting the expectations of the internal and external customers. Works with customers to identify areas of concern and to recommend appropriate solutions.
Qualifications & Licenses/Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology preferred.
- Six months of technical experience required.
- Three or more years of technical experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Basic computer skills required.
(Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Current Florida license as a technologist in Microbiology, Blood Bank or all areas (or eligible) is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization in English
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".