Medical Technologist - Per Diem
Job Summary: Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory.
• All duties and responsibilities are considered essential functions unless otherwise noted.
• Ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory: blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
• Responsible for performing high-complexity testing.
• Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
• Performs quality control procedures and instrument checks and troubleshoots problems.
• Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
• Notifies patient care unit and/or physician of critical lab values.
• Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed for statistics and billing.
• Follows standard precautions at all times.
• Performs veni puncture and specimen collection.
• Associates in Medical Lab Technology; Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry or Microbiology preferred;
• MT (ASCP) or equivalent.
• Certification preferred.