Location: SJ Medical Center, LLC
Perform various Clinical Laboratory tests in one or more sections of the Laboratory; Analyze and interpret test results and ensure accuracy of same; Uses technical competencies and judgment to respond and handle situations as they arise; Assist with the Laboratory PI program, ordering of supplies, developing procedures and other areas as needed; Responsible for charge duties when the Lab Service Director or Assistant Lab Director is not on-site.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Medical Technology, or a related science field and completion of a program in Medical Technology.
- Requires 2 years of experience in job offered or as Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Also requires one of the following certifications which must be valid: MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP), or MT (AMT).
Experience must include each of the following:
- Utilizing basic computer knowledge in LIS and HIS.
- Performing routine and specialized laboratory procedures
- If certified after 2004 must maintain active credential status to maintain employment.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, and patients and their families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.