Mental Health Counselor
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our Continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Behavioral Health Counselor (BHC) provides direct care services to patients receiving care on the inpatient behavioral health unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Health-Related Sciences
- Clearances (Act 33/34/73/15; Ohio BCI if OH resident)
- 1 year experience with Behavioral Health populations
- Crisis Management Training completed within 90 days of hire.
- The BHC is an active member of a treatment team and is responsible for the planning of individualized, age specific needs-based programming for assigned patients.
- The BHC facilitates individual and family support sessions, psycho-educational groups, monitors program milieu, completes medical record documentation, and assists to be required to complete BHC duties including safety checks and 1:1 patient observation.
- Vacation time
- Sick time
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous[five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related character