MHW- Psych 5W- 36hrs/wk days
MHW- Psych 5W- Full-time 36hrs/wk, day shift, 12hr shifts, every third weekends required, holidays required as needed.
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
Under the direction of the Patient Care Director of his/her Registered Nurse designee, the Mental Health Worker (MHW) performs a variety of duties related to the clinical care of psychiatric patients.
- High school diploma; additional college education preferred.
- One to two years nursing assistant, er tech, mental health worker experience required. And/or enrolled in a Bachelor of Psychology, social work or human service-related bachelor program.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to competently interact with patients and interdisciplinary professional team.
- Ability to identify patient behaviors requiring intervention.
- Ability to manage the stress and pace of an acute psychiatric setting.
- Ability to perform basic physical care.
- BLS Required.
- CPI training within first six months required.
- Participates in patient admission and discharge process by performing the following duties:
- Accurately obtains and records admission vital signs, height and weight, and documents these on the Nursing Assessment Form.
- Records and processes patient belongings and valuables on admission and at discharge.
- Orients patients to the physical layout of the unit, milieu staff, unit rules, schedules and
- Patient’s rights, and documents this on the Nursing Assessment form.
- Participates in implementing the interdisciplinary treatment plan for individual patients by performing the following duties:
- Accurately monitors, reports, and documents routine vital signs as assigned.
- Accurately monitors, reports and documents patient intake and output as assigned.
- Assists with the collection of routine specimens.
- Assists in all aspects of basic nursing care utilizing, i.e., bed-making, patient transfers with knowledge of proper body mechanics.
- Assists patients as needed with activities of daily living (ADLs) including eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, ambulating and all aspects of personal hygiene and care.
- Assists and monitors patient's adherence to pre and post-test protocols and ECT procedures as determined by the Registered Nurse.
- Escorts patients to and from unit for tests and activities as needed.
- Performs and documents patient safety checks at scheduled intervals per assignment.
- Performs 1:1 observation for high risk patients as assigned.
- Participates in limit setting with patients and other de-escalation techniques.
- Assists in a team approach to provide physical control of patients in a crisis situation,
- Including assisting with implementation of restraints and/or seclusion.
- Assists in medical emergencies as directed.
- Monitors and promptly communicates all observations or information relative to patient's safety or clinical status or treatment to Patient Care Director or his/her Registered Nurse designee and documents information as needed in Progress Notes.
- Prepares daily patient related information sheets as assigned.
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning meetings and patient conferences by sharing patient related observations/information.
- May co-lead community meeting and therapeutic groups for patients as designated by the Patient Care Director.
- Participates in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment on the unit by the following:
- Monitors the overall milieu per assignment and reports any patient or environmental issues which might impact on patient care or patient/staff safety.
- Maintains proper professional demeanor with patients, families, visitors, and co-workers.
- Utilizes principles of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) in managing high risk situations.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, sanitation and orderliness of unit.
- Is dependable and punctual in reporting to work.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.