Identifies abnormal cardiac rhythms and conduction changes in the adult (ages 18-64) and geriatric patients (65 and above) that are warning or threatening and requires immediate attention 95% of the time. Documents rhythm, rate, intervals, date, and time at beginning of every shift and with patient condition or rhythm change. Gives brief report on all monitored patients when relieved from break or at end of shift and to physicians making rounds 100% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous hospital or health care experience required.
- Previous dysrhythmia class desirable.
- High School graduate.
- Successfully completed Arrhythmia Course or equivalent training preferred.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills.
- Able to remain calm and function under emergency situations.
- Demonstrates an interest in continuing education and keeps current knowledge of policy, procedures, and EKG recognition.
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required within first 30 days of hire date.
- Successfully complete dysrhythmia class within first 90 days of hire date.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disabilities.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 120955