MRI Tech - 16 Hour Days
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Operate the MRI scanner and related equipment. Provide optimum scan techniques for detailed images of all body parts. Good understanding of basic MR physics. Transfer computer information to laser imager and archive to optical /data system for storage.
Chief, MRI & Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
- arrt Registry RT(MR) required;
- Massachusetts Radiography (RT) License required;
- Preferred current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT(R) designation
IV. PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- TEAM WORK
- Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
- Keeps others informed.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
- Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
- Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
- Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
- Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
- Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
- Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
- Produces high-quality, MR exams for interpretation.
- Greets patients & reviews physician orders. Explains purpose and sequence of procedure to patient. Obtains a brief medical history.
- Assists patient in preparation for exams to include: disrobing, transport and transfer to table, answering questions and relieving anxiety.
- Administers intravenous contrast agents. Monitors patient for any adverse reactions and arranges for medical intervention if necessary. Adheres to safety and infection control policies.
- Performs scans as prescribed by MD orders. Enters necessary data into computer console to activate and set scanning device; assists image and fine tunes for optimum quality, positions patient and ensures required immobility. Reviews completed images, repeats procedure upon order of the Radiologist, if desired quality has not been achieved. Monitors IV lines and patient condition throughout procedure.
- Monitors equipment performance and operation; reports malfunctions and irregularities.
- Prepares and stocks room; cleans area as needed. Ensures adequate stock.
- Assists receptionist as needed. Copies films and maintain records and files.
- Responds to emergency call as needed.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.