MRI Tech- MRI Department- Full Time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
This position requires Saturday rotation, Call Rotation, and Holiday Rotation.
- Performs a wide variety of MRI/MRA procedures, which require use of independent judgment, initiative, and ingenuity.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of work in designated area and provides quality care to the patient.
- Assures efficiency and effectiveness of patient care services
- This position reports directly to the Lead MRI Technologist and works collaboratively with the medical staff, nursing, imaging department peers and other clients.
- Has the authority and responsibility for assuring quality imaging in accordance with physician directions and/or imaging protocols.
- Has the authority and responsibility for restricting access to the imaging area to assure patient and visitor safety.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Performs all the duties of a staff MR technologist
- Attends in-service lectures, seminars related to MR and maintains documentation of specialized training in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Participates in the development and evaluation of policies and procedures concerning MR
- Assists in the orientation of technologists to MR
- Performs regular testing n MR equipment as defined by vendor recommendations and medical center policy; reports problems
- Assists radiologist in performing all interventional MR examinations
- Performs all necessary functions to provide efficient patient care including clerical and transport duties
- Completes all patient tracking functions to ensure proper and accurate billing, report transcription and image retrieval
- Completes all PACs duties to assure accuracy of imaging record and timeliness of interpretation
- Participates in all quality assurance program
- Promotes professional image by adhering to dress code
- Commits to following ARRT code of ethics
- Reports appropriate information to radiologists and medical staff when requested
- Reports problems, issues and patients/physician concerns as appropriate Lead Technologist, Operations Manager and/or Administrative Director
- Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital, medical staff and patient related data and information
- Maintains excellent communication with patients, referring physicians, nursing staff, and other clients
- Responsible for the quality produced and submitted to the Radiologists for interpretation
- Accountable for abiding by all St. Elizabeth's Medical Center and site policies and procedures
- Accountable for assuring a safe environment for patients
- Accountable for following JCAHO, DPH, and HIPPA requirements
In depth knowledge of MR imaging procedures at a level gained through 1-2 years experience as an MR technologist
Thorough knowledge of normal cross sectional anatomy
- Work requires vast knowledge of MR procedures and equipment operation
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of normal cross sectional anatomy
- Certification as an MR technologist
- ARRT eligible and/or Certification as an MR Tech through 2 year school program and ARRT eligible
- Additional MR specific didactic training preferred
- Must have and maintain BLS certification or obtain certification within three (3) months of hire date
- Must obtain required CEU hours to maintain state licensure and national registration
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.