Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 3/12/2020
Performs MRI diagnostic procedures as prescribed by physicians. Operates MRI scanner, pressure injector, CD, and printer equipment to obtain high quality diagnostic images. Prepares procedure room, equipment, supplies and medications as needed. Provides patient services using MRI scanner while practicing Morton Hospital Customer Service standards
- Collects information by interview from the patient, family, significant other and other health care providers.
- Reviews patients records and lab values to further ensure proper assessment of patient.
- Documents assessment in a legible and accurate manner in accordance with policy/procedure.
- Evaluates patient’s needs accurately in order to prevent potential problems or complications.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate care with other members of the health care team.
- Explains the procedure to the patient and gives the patient an opportunity to ask questions.
- Establishes effective communication with the patient in order to complete the procedure. Is available and accessible to the patient.
- Injects patients using aseptic technique; asks for assistance in difficult situations.
- Monitors the patient for adverse reactions - responds appropriately.
- Keeps patient and family members informed of progress and/or delays associated with their procedure.
- Completes job competencies annually in a reasonable time frame.
- Operates MRI equipment, completing quality images while following established protocols and procedures.
- Accurately prepares room for procedure, assuring all needed equipment is available prior to the start of the exam.
- Upon completion of procedure, properly cleans and organizes the room.
- Accurately assists in clinical training of Radiology and nursing students.
- Notifies supervisor of shortages of supplies, equipment malfunctions or unusual problems or situations within the department.
- In the absence of supervisor assumes responsibility as required.
- Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach in order to provide the best possible care and service.
- Uses proper MRI safety techniques to minimize risk to themselves, patients, and the general public.
- Maintains IV competency.
- Completes PACS process to review images, scan documents, and assign cases, correcting QAs and charging issues.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Current AHA BLS certification
- Current ARRT registered certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging with RT(MR) designation*
- Documented Training and experience in MRI.
- Current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT(R) designation
*required of employees within 12 months of effective date of transfer.