MRI Technologist-Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Technologist will perform magnetic resonance imaging procedures; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director. Technologist will: - Perform all technical procedures within the respective modality sections as described in the Radiology Policy Manual. - Meet the technical competency requirements for the position. - Maintain an effective working relationship with all staff. - Participate in professional education programs, patient/staff safety initiatives, and quality assurance/ improvement activities.
Adhere to established policies and procedures and maintain open communication with departmental leadership and other staff regarding patient care delivery, technical operations, equipment utilization, regulatory compliance, and continuing education.
- Ensure that all patients have a thorough understanding of the procedure to be performed and communicate relevant information in a compassionate and professional manner to patients undergoing procedures.
- Work with technologists and support staff to coordinate patient flow by monitoring hospital information and scheduling systems.
- Participate in departmental and institutional quality assurance/improvement programs and adhere to required infection control, environmental care, radiation safety, and general safety procedures to ensure overall patient, staff, and public safety.
- Monitor and perform required quality control on all imaging instrumentation, survey meters, calibrators, and other devices to ensure appropriate functionality and coordination of required service.
- Optimally perform all technical procedures associated within respective modalities, and assists in imaging procedures as directed by the radiologist as well as perform complicated intravenous and intramuscular injections as required by modality and in accordance with HWPs.
- Perform routine back-up, transfer, archive and retrieval of imaging studies and maintain all necessary records and reports in a correct, timely, and efficient manner as well as create and evaluate softcopy and hardcopy production as needed.
- Ensure that all Federal, State, and local regulatory, accreditation, and organizational guidelines are met when performing job functions including during the receipt, administration, storage, disposal, and general management of radiology pharmaceuticals, supplies, and materials.
- Ensure quality patient care by helping to establish an orderly, clean, caring, and professional environment.
- Maintain departmental stocks and supplies and assist in managing an appropriate and fiscally responsible supply inventory by adhering to the established materials management program.
- Ensure that business and patient information (e.g., images, demographics and reports) is properly handled with proper measures dedicated to the maintenance of security and confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- establish intravenous access; administer imaging contrast media as directed by departmental policies and procedures and HWPs
Current AHA BLS Certificiation
Documented training and experience in MRI preferred
Current ARRT registered certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging with RT(MR) designation. Preferred current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT(R) designation. Preferred current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Radiography (Full/General) license. In addition to the above, the following skills are required for all technologist positions: