At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is responsible for the social, emotional, and financial wellbeing of patients on the Behavioral Health Unit. The LICSW/LCSW will participate in interdisciplinary treatment team planning; is responsible for discharge planning, running treatment groups as assigned, and performing appropriate psychosocial assessments and interventions. The LICSW/LCSW will assist with referrals to the unit and make referrals to appropriate community agencies as indicated.
- Develop an individualized plan of care with interdisciplinary treatment team
- Coordinate discharge/follow-up activities
- Discuss with patients/families the financial implications of placement decisions and provide guidance
- Provide individualized psychotherapy, supportive counseling, and group therapy as indicated
- Make referrals to community agencies as appropriate
- Identify potential legal/risk management issues and review with Program Director
- Participate in continuing education programs that are relevant to job function
- Document, in timely fashion, initial assessment, proposed plan, treatment updates, and final discharge in electronic medical record
- Communicate, in a timely manner, with staff, nursing facilities, agencies, and outpatient providers
- Educate patients/families, staff and providers regarding managed care and Medicare processes/regulations
- Maintain current knowledge of DMH and applicable mental health legal status/advance directive regulatory requirements
- Provide disease state teaching to patients/families
- Provide education/consultation to other healthcare team members as needed
- Collects statistical data as requested by supervisory personnel
- Regularly attends/participates in team/departmental meetings and activities
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards
- Additional Responsibilities- Supervision of LCSW employees
- Completion of a Master’s Social Work Program
- LICSW Certification
- LCSW Certification with expectation to become LICSW
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.