MSW-LCSW - Full Time
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- 100% employer paid defined benefit retirement plan
- Lowest cost health insurance, high quality BCBS
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
MSW LCSW - Psych Full Time
Day Shift - 40 Hrs/Week, No weekends/holidays
- The Social Worker is a clinician responsible for social work services for the Psych patient population at Steward St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center.
- This worker will be under the supervision of a supervisory level LICSW, but will function with a great deal of autonomy and with specialized expertise in the area of Psychiatry.
- They will also work as part of the interdisciplinary team caring for patients in various units of the Medical Center.
- Social Worker at entry level must have a Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Additional experience in a setting related to primary assignment.
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills in the English language, and preferably in a second language.
- The ability to deal with a rapidly changing health care environment and requires excellent interdisciplinary team collaboration skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Ability to identify trends and make connections between care patterns.
- Ability to critically think.
- LCSW or and LMHC
The Social Worker may:
- Provide individual and/or group counseling/therapy to patients and/or their families.
- Support and advocate for patients.
- Provide diagnostic evaluations and psycho-social assessments.
- Place referrals for follow-up services.
- Collaborate with clinical interdisciplinary teams.
- Facilitate continuing care plans.
- Provide crisis prevention.
- Supervise/train other social workers and graduate students.
- The social worker will provide counseling for patients, family and friends whenever indicated at time of diagnosis, regarding adjustment to illness, the emotional impact of diagnosis, and changes in lifestyle.
- The social worker will offer continuity by maintaining a supportive relationship to patient and family throughout course of illness.
- On occasions, when it is indicated, the social worker will counsel and support patient and other family in bereavement.
- The social worker will provide case management for patients. This will include resource identification, concrete services as indicated and will often involve referrals to community agencies and assistance in obtaining financial aid.
- The social worker completes documentation for social work activity in patient’s record on a regular and timely basis.
- The social worker consults with members of the medical center team in regards to the psycho-social needs of patients.
- Participates in staff in-service.
- The social worker leads or co-leads a support group for patients and/or family members when appropriate.
- The social worker participates where possible in community organizations relevant to the population.
- The social worker will make a psycho-social assessment of as many high risk clinic patients as time allows. This will necessitate prioritizing problems when time is limited.
- Patients who will be seen may include those with histories of mental illness, developmental disability, elder/child abuse/neglect, domestic violence and substance abuse. High risk patients will be followed through their pregnancies as well.
- The clinical social worker will also see patients at time of crisis and will assist when possible in cases of need for concrete services. The social worker will see any patient wishing to place her baby for adoption, referring them to the appropriate agency.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.