Multi-Modality Technologist, 8 hours/week
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Stewardship.
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Multi-Modality Technologist will perform all CT scans, CTA’s, and assist Radiologist with special procedures and CT fluoroscopy and will perform general radiographic examinations in Radiology Department as well as perform mobile x ray units and C-arms in the operating room, emergency room and on in patient units. Technologist will assist Radiologist with special procedures and fluoroscopy.
- Diagnostic Imaging integrates scientific knowledge, technical competence, and patient interaction skills to provide safe and accurate procedures with the highest regard to all aspects of patient care.
- The Technologist recognizes patient conditions that are essential for the successful completion of the procedure.
- Must remain sensitive to the needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
- As members of the health care team, technologists participate in quality improvement processes and continually assess their professional performance.
- Must think critically and use independent, professional, and ethical judgment in all aspects of their work. Engages in continuing education to include their area of practice to enhance patient care, public education, knowledge, and technical competence.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining departmental standards in accordance with policies and procedures; assessing patient's information and status; demonstrating skill in equipment set-up, utilization and proper maintenance; operating information systems and PACS, plus all related job duties as assigned.
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations responsible for performing routine to complex diagnostic procedures to ensure the production of quality images of all anatomical structures for interpretation by Radiologist.
- Participates as a team member and is accountable and responsible for all work done.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Two years of related experience.
- Must be flexible with schedule changes as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LICENSURE / TECHNICAL / OTHER
- Current MA Radiologic Technologist and CT License
- Must be American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiology and CT
- Current BLS certification.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 122649