Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 7/2/2020
Please be advised that this position is temporary and based on the current operational needs of the Steward Morton Hospital. Therefore, the duration of this position is subject to the discretion of Steward Morton Hospital based on such operational needs.
Performs radiology procedures as prescribed by physician. Operates diagnostic radiology and film processing equipment to obtain high quality diagnostic images. Prepares procedure room, medications and supplies as needed. Practices Morton Hospital Customer Service standards.
- Applies knowledge and skills in performing routine diagnostic and fluoroscopic procedures as defined in appropriate procedure manual.
- Applies knowledge and skills in performing diagnostic portable procedures.
- Applies knowledge and skills in performing diagnostic and fluoroscopic procedures in the OR.
- Demonstrates competence in operating film-processing equipment.
- Demonstrates competence in operating patient monitoring equipment and patient transfer/transport equipment.
- Prepares patient for procedure, verifies correct name, checks patient history, and verifies correct procedure ordered. Explains procedure to the patient giving patient opportunity to ask questions.
- Evaluates patient’s needs to prevent potential problems/complaints.
- Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, i.e. Infant, Pedi, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Prepares room for procedures, assuring all required equipment is available prior to start of exam.
- Informs patient and family members of progress and/or delays associated with their procedures, provides documented discharge instruction when appropriate in accordance to Policy/Procedure.
- Administers the correct contrast/dose/route to the properly identified Patient according to Policy/Procedure.
- Administers IV Contrast according to Policy/Procedures.
- Is knowledgeable with regard to adverse contrast reactions and responds appropriately.
- Cleans and Disinfects radiographic equipment and maintains room stock in all radiographic rooms in accordance to Policy/Procedure.
- Procedure documentation is accurate, timely and complete in accordance to Policy/Procedure, i.e. Film QC, Contrast Media Sheets, Tech/Enter/Edit.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate patient care with other members of the health care team.
- Willingly/Readily contributes to the team approach providing the best possible care and service.
- Assists in the Clinical Education of Radiology Students.
- Completes Job Competencies annually as required.
- Wears film and identification badges.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed