Multi Service Worker
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Job Summary: The Multi-Service Worker (MSW) transports patients to and from the operating room, transports equipment needed for surgical cases to and from the OR suites and assists with OR room turnover. Helps to maintain the cleanliness of the OR environment and cleans rooms between cases. Assists with opening of sterile supplies needed for the case and serves as a member of the sterile team as trained. Assist with the stocking of both sterile and non-sterile supplies. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to transport patients in a safe and timely manner. Transports the correct patient to the appropriate area, uses proper patient identification process. Uses two identifiers, name, and date of birth. Stays with the patient at the side of the cart if safety is an issue.
- Demonstrates responsibility in setting priorities when presented with several tasks simultaneously. Keeps patient safety first.
- Performs errands in a timely manner and ensures medication, blood and other specimens are transported safe and secure.
- Anticipates the needs of staff and demonstrates the ability to perform work independently without direction. Stocking of warmers, cleans equipment, ensures hallways are free from clutter and trash. Unpacks sterile supplies and stocks in proper place. Transport equipment, supply carts and supplies from storage sites to the operating room. Assists in PACU as needed.
- Crossed trained to assist the operative team as needed. Assists with positioning, scrubs into sterile field, and holds retractors and may suction. Opens sterile supplies as directed by the team opening the room. Knows and demonstrates the basic principles of asepsis.
- Demonstrates an understanding of operating room guidelines.
- Shows initiative.
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments. Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements, which includes but is not limited to a drug screen, physical, and background check(s).
- High School Diploma / GED
- Background Checks as required by Federal and State law
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.