Job Summary: Network Administrator
The Network Administrator is responsible for implementation and maintenance the Steward Health Care System network infrastructure. This includes deployment and maintenance of router, switch and wireless hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems.
The Network Administrator will work with network and security engineers, system administrators, systems analysts, support center staff, technicians, vendors, and users relating to applications associated with a production-computing environment.
- Responsible for maintaining the Steward network infrastructure. This includes maintaining router, switch, wireless, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
- Performs installation and maintenance of network hardware, software, and solutions.
- Adheres to problem resolution and escalation procedures, documentation, and responding to all related system problems and resolving them on a timely basis.
- Notifies manager of problem areas and develops backup strategy and emergency plans.
- Assists with maintenance of network equipment inventory, IP addresses management, service locations, and leased lines.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies in order to improve current service levels.
- Off-hours availability for emergencies and change windows is required.
- Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
- Provides support for all facilities including data centers, hospitals campuses and remote locations.
- Acts as a mentor to other team members to help ensure all team members are expanding existing skill sets in to new areas while becoming more proficient in skills already in place.
- Continued development and expansion of skill set in all areas of data center networking.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in a medium to large size organization with complex network infrastructure is required.
- CCNA Certification or higher is required for consideration
- Preferred industry certifications Cisco
- Strong understanding of IP subnetting and routing protocols including, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Ability to deploy and manage complex network LAN/WLAN/MAN/WAN infrastructures.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of subnetting, variable length subnet masks (VLSM), and virtual LANs (VLAN).
- Understanding of the OSI Model.
- Experience with Cisco network products is required.
- Experience with F5 BigIP Load Balancers is desirable.
- Experience with one or more firewall platform is desirable.
- Experience with Linux, Splunk, Nagios, Puppet and/or scripting is highly desirable.
- Ability to prioritize projects and daily work-flow.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Previous experience in health care environment is extremely desirable.
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotation