Nuc Med Tech
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Performs Nuclear Medicine procedures as prescribed by physician. Operates imaging equipment in a safe manner and obtain high quality diagnostic images. Prepares procedure room, medications and supplies as needed. Performs Quality Controls functions in the department. Practices Saint Anne’s Hospital Customer Service standards.
- Collects information by interview from patient, staff, etc. to ensure appropriateness of procedure.
- Appropriately documents all patient doses.
- Prepares room and patient for procedure, assuring all needed equipment is available prior to the start of the exam.
- Properly identifies oneself to the patient prior to the procedure.
- Consistently and accurately performs quality control on all appropriate equipment.
- Received and documents appropriately all radio-pharmaceuticals in accordance to the state regulations.
- Notified appropriate personnel of shortages of supplies, or any problems in the department such as equipment malfunction or staffing or scheduling issues.
- In the absence of supervisory personnel, assumes the responsibility of the department and notifies appropriate personnel as needed.
- Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach in order to provide the best possible patient care and services.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of the cameras and computers, selecting the appropriate acquisition parameters and adjusting when necessary to obtain the best possible study.
- Demonstrates the ability to schedule exams to provide the best patient flow.
- Wears ring and body badge as required.
- Performs radiation surveys and wipe tests and appropriately documents with 100 % accuracy.
- Checks all doses for correct labeling prior to administering to patient.
- Appropriately disposes radioactive waste and documents.
- Performs veno-puncture in compliance with hospital policy.
- Demonstrates the ability to reconstruct and process all procedures done in the department.
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner, identifying oneself and the department at the start of the call.
- Employee will comply with the principles of Infection Control and Aseptic Technique.
- Completes all required education in Steward University
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
Customer Service Skills:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision-making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT (N) designation and/or current NMTCB registered certification in Nuclear Medicine Technology with CNMT designation
- Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Nuclear Medicine license.
- For technologists performing SPECT-CT: Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Nuclear Medicine license SPECT-CT endorsement and/or credentials stating a modified certification course for SPECT-CT has been completed and/or Current ARRT certification with Radiology (R) designation.
- Current BLS certification
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.