Nurse Assistant Med/Surg Full-time
Summary: The Nurse assistant is accountable for the completion of specific patient care tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse in accordance with the established standards of care.
- Conveys caring, compassion and respect to patients and significant others during all interactions.
- Receives assignment of specific tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse
- Performs basic patient care functions including but not limited to positioning, ambulation, delivery of trays and feeding, skin/hair/mouth care, range of motion and linen changes.
- Completes vital signs accurately, notifies Registered Nurse of vital signs outside designated range
- Respond to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others
- Administrators basic treatments/procedures as delegated by the Registered Nurse such as ice bags, K-pads, and CPMs
- Documents results and completion of assigned responsibilities accurately in the medical record.
- Transports patients to other locations within Health System via appropriate mode as directed by the Registered Nurse
- Identifies opportunities for clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leaders and actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care
- Responsible for ordering and proper storage of supplies in designated areas
- Updates the whiteboard for caregivers, date and time at the beginning of the shift
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant / Certified Nurse Assistant
- High school diploma
- Background Checks (as required by law)
- Vacation time
- Sick time