Nurse Asst Full Time Nights 6p-6:30a with rotating weekends/holidays
Responsible to Steward Health Care for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Nursing Department for following all department and hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care and practice. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Assists patients and families during the admission, discharge, and transfer process.
- Promotes the hospital’s rehabilitation concept by encouraging patients and families to achieve their maximum potential of function and self-sufficiency in all activities of daily living.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and manages time effectively in order to complete daily work.
- Observes and reports to appropriate personnel information concerning the patient’s status, plan of care, family concerns or requests, and other pertinent data.
- Takes initiative to request and participate in hospital inservices and other programs or activities that promote personal growth and life-long learning and development.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in health care/Diversified Health Education. Special consideration will be given to applicants who are students in the health care field. Previous experience as a nurse assistant preferred. Requires up to one-three year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current registration by the state of Ohio as a State Tested Nursing Assistant by the Ohio Department of Health preferred. Certification in Healthcare Provider CPR by the American Heart Association preferred.