We are currently recruiting for Per Diem Nursing Assistants for Trumbull Regional Medical Center. Applicants must be a high school graduate or have a GED. Heartsaver certification is required and maintained or obtained within 30-days of original hire.
This position is responsible for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values of the Hospital. Responsible to Nursing Department for following all department and hospital policies, procedures and standards of care and practice. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on the Nursing assistant checklist.
- Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs customer services related to direct patient care.
- Collects, transports, stores and /or disposes of refuse related materials safely.
- Transports equipment, specimens, and supplies as needed.
- Stocks supplies in the patient care area.
- Provides nutritional support to the patient.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED. Must be actively enrolled in an Allied Nursing Health Program throughout the duration of employment as a Per Diem Nursing Assistant or a recent graduate.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONHeartsaver certification required and maintained or obtained within 30-days of original job
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 7343