Location: Norwood Hospital
Posted Date: 01/08/2020
Within the framework of the philosophy and objectives of the Cardiac rehabilitation department the cardiac rehabilitation nurse will, utilizing the nursing process and an interdisciplinary team approach, deliver nursing care to the cardiac rehabilitation patient population.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current RN licensure in Massachusetts.
- Documentation of ongoing continuing education and presence at mandatory programs
- BLS Certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) Required
- ACLS Certification Required
- Minimum 2 Years Critical Care or Telemetry Experience Required
- Cardiac Rehab Experience Preferred
- BSN Required
Accountable to the cardiology nurse manager. Work collaboratively with medical director.
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
- Keeps others informed.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures the dignity of patient/customer is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e. ages and culture).
- Maintain a high level of clinical competency
- Using the nursing process, institute an individualized plan of care for the cardiac rehabilitation patient
- Evaluate the care provided to the patient to achieve optimal patient outcomes
- Exhibit caring and compassion in all interactions with patients and families.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Respond efficiently and appropriate to all emergent and non-emergent situations within the department.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation between all members of the health care team to achieve positive patient outcomes
- Provide pre-enrollment assessment of patient including acquisition of all necessary referrals and health information
- Develop short and long term goals and ongoing assessment of progress toward goals including written progress notes
- Supervise patient exercise sessions and monitor patient's response to exercise
- Assist with holter scanning as necessary
- Provide nursing care to patients with the cardiology department when necessary
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development.
- Maintain knowledge to provide current information to patients.
- Serve as a resource to other staff in area of expertise.
- Maintain current in ACLS training.
- Attend yearly program on fire safety, infection control, and abuse awareness.
- Respect patient's cultural and spiritual beliefs
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Participate in unit based CQI/QIP activities.
- Foster the mission statement and values of the institution
- Participate in the orientation of new employees and in the education and training of student intern
- Exhibit courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients, families, visitors, and co-workers.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff members within the department and the institution to promote harmony and productivity.
- Regularly offer and request constructive feedback and coaching.
- Keep others informed.